Return to Elder Main Page Elder Family Research
You must REGISTER before you will be able to post on our Bulletin Board
This protects our Members from unauthorized use of this Bulletin Board.
Please read the FAQ for this Bulletin Board before using (see button below).

Return to Elder Main Page  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lorana (lorena) Elder in Illinois

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elder Family Research Forum Index -> Mid-West Elder Lines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siuslaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Lorana (lorena) Elder in Illinois Reply with quote

I am looking parents of a Lorana Elder (b. abt. 1825 in TN) who married James Hightower in Schuyler, Co. Illinois in 1861. In a 1870 census of Camden Township, she is listed as James' wife and there Hightower children living with them as well as a Benjamin Elder who was 19 at the time.

Not sure if Elder was her birth name or from a previous marriage. I did find in a 1860 census in Camden a Thomas Elder (b. abt 1794 in PA) and Catherine Elder (b. abt. 1807 VA). Not sure if these are connected. They don't show up in the 1870 census.

Any help would be appreciated. Lorana Hightower was the mother of Emeline (Emma) Hightower who is my great-great grandmother.

Thanks.
Melissa
lvictor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Elders in Schuyler County Reply with quote

Hi,

I have seen a Robert Elder & family on Census records in Schuyler county. I don't have my information with me now, but check out the usgenweb.com website & go to Illinois, then Schuyler County.

I think there is info there of some interest.

I am doing research on a Samuel D Elder, who was my great great grandfather. I believe that his father is the Thomas Elder on the Schuyler County census records. Samuel was born 1819 in Jackson County, Ohio. There is a Robert & Thomas Elder on the 1820 Census records for this county. I am still trying to find a paper trail to connect Samuel to this family, but so far I don't have proof.

Good luck with your research.

Lisa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elder Family Research Forum Index -> Mid-West Elder Lines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: